October 2nd 2018
- 09,30 h – Meeting point at Eurobuilding Hotel
- 10,00 h – 13,00 h – Prado Museum
- 13,30 h – 14,30 h – Lunch at Paradís Restaurant
- 14,30 h – Back to the hotel (Meeting point in the Plaza de Neptuno)
The building that today houses the Museo Nacional del Prado was designed by architect Juan de Villanueva in 1785. It was constructed to house the Natural History Gallery, on the orders of King Charles III. The Museo Nacional del Prado opened to the public for the first time in 1819.
The exceptionally important royal collection, which represents the foundation of the Museum’s collection as we know it today, started to grow significantly in the 16th century during the reign of Charles V and continued to thrive under the succeeding Hapsburg and Bourbon Monarchs. We owe to them the presence of some of the Museum´s greatest masterpieces, such as The Garden of Earthly Delights by Hieronymus Bosch, The Nobleman with his hand on his Chest by El Greco, Death of the Virgin by Mantegna, The Holy Family known as The Pearl by Raphael, Emperor Carlos V on Horseback by Titian, The Foot Washing by Tintoretto, Self-portrait by Dürer, Las Meninas by Velázquez, The Three Graces by Rubens, and The Family of Carlos IV by Goya.
An avant-garde restaurant, Paradís Madrid bases its cuisine on seasonal products, and the careful choice of raw materials is a key note. Paradís is located right in the centre of Madrid next to the Congress of Deputies and the three most important museums in Spain: the Museo del Prado, the Museo Thyssen and the Museo Reina Sofia.